About Jesse Haskins
Jesse loves food. Food books like The Omnivore’s Dilemma by Michael Pollan inspired him to hang his virtual shingle to support local food systems. These books show the importance of truth and reputation in building more sustainable food systems. Now, Jesse dedicates his practice to sustainable agriculture, and to all those who seek truth. Jesse’s dedication fuels what his clients recognize as “great industry insight” and “prompt follow through.” In his six years as a government attorney, Jesse represented the State of Florida in matters of reputation and food policy. As assistant attorney general for the State of Florida, Jesse fought to remove false liens filed against judges, state officers, and employees. Jesse also served as assistant general counsel for the Florida Department of Financial Services, where he handled matters relating to workers’ compensation compliance and Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). His experience representing the government puts Jesse’s clients in a strong position to flourish in spite of government regulations, to manage risks, to thrive, and to fight for truth.
His favorite ingredient is tahini.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law (2009).
- B.A., Emory University (2006).
- Ecology Florida, Vice President.
- Florida Organic Growers, Secretary.
- American Bar Association Section on Environment, Energy, and Resources, Leadership Development Program.
- American Bar Association Agricultural Management Committee, Vice Chair of Year in Review.
- Governmental and Public Policy Advocacy Committee, Florida Bar, member (appointed by Florida Bar president).
- American Bankruptcy Institute Consumer Bankruptcy Committee Newsletter, Protecting the Child Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit in Bankruptcy, Volume 18, No. 4 (December, 2020).
- American Bar Association, Agriculture Management Case Update (Second Quarter, 2020).
- Duke Law and Technology Review, Commercial Skipping Technology and the New Market Dynamic: The Relevance of Antitrust Law to an Emerging Technology (2012).
- Survey of East European Law, Honor, Dignity, and the Enforcement of Social Norms: Defamation Law in the United States and Russia (2007).
- Growing A Stronger Economy Through Local Food Entrepreneurship Symposium, Florida Organic Growers.
- Florida Bar.
- North Carolina State Bar.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.