Integrity and reputation mean a great deal to Jesse Haskins. So much so, he dedicates his legal practice to preserving them – and seeking the truth.
Fueled by industry insight and tremendous follow-through, it was Jesse’s experience fighting false liens in the attorney general’s office that inspired him to focus his practice on defamation law. As assistant attorney general, Jesse saw first-hand the harm caused by wrongful accusations. Jesse focuses on defamation to protect the rights of all people and their hard-earned reputations.
Attorney Haskins’ background in government regulations and passion for the truth eventually led him to agricultural law, where he advocates for sustainable and transparent food systems while dedicating the bulk of his time fighting to protect peoples’ good names in the field of defamation law.
- LLM, Duke University School of Law (2009).
- J.D., Duke University School of Law (2009).
- B.A., Emory University (2006).
- Florida Organic Growers, Treasurer
- Ecology Florida, Vice President
- American Bar Association Agricultural Management Committee, Co-Chair.
- Media and Communications Law Committee, Florida Bar, member (appointed by Florida Bar president).
- American Bankruptcy Institute Consumer Bankruptcy Committee Newsletter, Protecting the Child Tax Credit and Additional Child Tax Credit in Bankruptcy, Volume 18, No. 4 (December 2020).
- American Bar Association, Agriculture Management Case Update (Second Quarter, 2020).
- Duke Law and Technology Review, Commercial Skipping Technology and the New Market Dynamic: The Relevance of Antitrust Law to an Emerging Technology (2012).
- Survey of East European Law, Honor, Dignity, and the Enforcement of Social Norms: Defamation Law in the United States and Russia (2007).
- Growing A Stronger Economy Through Local Food Entrepreneurship Symposium, Florida Organic Growers.
- Florida Bar.
- North Carolina State Bar.
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida.
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida.
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit.
Will definitely have him speed dial for any legal matter. He was fast, through! Great results!”
- Anka M.
I appreciated their prompt response to my calls and the fact all legal options available to me were fully explained.”
- Frank L.
“Just a great attorney.
Not only was my issue resolved, Mr. Haskins provided me with excellent advice to use going forward.”
- Stephen F.